Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Drooling

I had one of my worst teaching classes ever today. It was a misunderstanding, not really a matter of "fault," but frustrating anyway.

I tried to make do by using the media available in the room, a computer, projection system, etc. Unfortunately, the sound didn't work, so my attempt failed, frustratingly for all of us. You know, chalk has never failed me. Computerized classrooms fail me at least once a term.

Someday, this will be funny. Now, I'm just tired. Three down, twelve to go.

I have to finish reading for tomorrow, in hopes that things will go better.

2 comments:

  1. Poop!!! I am sorry, old thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when that happens. And I teach music, so I need the sound system *every day*, and sometimes it fails.

    I have learned to resist the urge to apologize for the technical problems. After all, they aren't my fault. :) But it drives me crazy.

    On such days last semester I simply canceled class. Can't talk about music without actually *listening* to it.

    But it was very, very frustrating. Gah.

    ReplyDelete